Reaching out to Sony NOC, resolving DDoS Issues - Need POC

Octolus Development admin at octolus.net
Mon Jan 6 17:28:26 UTC 2020

Hi all,

We've been trying to get in contact with Sony and/or Akamai to resolve an IP blacklisting issue.

Support is not useful, and our customers are complaining.

If anyone has a POC for somebody over at Sony or PSN who can help us resolve these issues, it would be much appreciated!

We're facing some reflected DDoS attacks, where the source address is spoofed to appear to be our IPs, and as a result getting blacklisted. Sony's support has told us to "change IPs", which just isn't realistic, so we're looking for someone actually at the NOC.

Already been in touch with SNEI-NOC, which has completely ignored our emails. They only seem to respond to the normal "Account Takeover" requests, or whitelist requests. All of my IP's are already whitelisted, but there seems to be a DDoS Attack that will ban anyone's IP from Sony/PlayStation Network.

Akamai's also been giving us the runaround, and told us it's purely a Sony problem, so we're trying to get to the right POC to get this issue resolved

Thanks in advance!