5G roadblock: labor

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jan 3 22:12:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 1:11 PM Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-12-30 at 09:50 -0500, Shane Ronan wrote:
> > Also, keep in mind that 10 years ago, you didn't know you would want
> > or need 25mbits to your phone,
>
> Who needs 25mbits to their phone?

Nobody. But I do need 25mbs and more to the hotspot which also happens
to be part of the electronic multi-tool hanging off my belt.

Ken Olsen was right: nobody wanted a DEC mainframe in their home. His
failure to grasp the nature of what computers would become, what folks
-would- want in their home, was complete.

The day is coming when your "phone" records and streams 360 degree
panoramic high-resolution video to the cloud all the time unless you
intentionally turn it off. An so does everyone else's around you. It
probably isn't as far away as you think. And that's just one of the
more obvious things.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--