5G roadblock: labor

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Fri Jan 3 22:06:05 UTC 2020

Mark Tinka писал 2020-01-03 04:36:

> And more interestingly, if that city's residents and visitors had the
> option of connecting to active 5G or wi-fi, what do we think they'd
> choose?

Currently /me don't bother switching to wifi in public places bcz LTE
provides enough bw for my humble needs.
And when the next phone will be released with 4k 120fps camera and 4k
display there will be a lot of people (not only kids) who will use it
and abuse it all the time for gaming, streaming ,etc.
It's not about competition with WiFi, it's just a new thing that is
coming. But 5G will take away it's share of fixed users for sure.
When first iphone was released it was pretty much useless toy because
all apps were bound to Internet and cell networks were you know where at
that time with public WiFi only starting to take off. But now we can't
live without services which are novadays considered as basic and then
were fancy technology break-outs for geeks.

Kind regards,
Andrey