5G roadblock: labor

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 19:49:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 2:21 PM Mike Hammett <nanog at ics-il.net> wrote:

> Right. I didn't want to spend too much of my time delving into any and all situations where it'll vary.

ok, fair enough :)

> I wonder how much the sub 1 GHz penetrates the buildings anyway if the transmitter is at the street.
>

> 5G won't solve the building penetration without entering the building, which 4G could do just as well.

the local folk have been pimping the idea that: "hey, just run a
4g/lte/g5 cell service inside your building/business, backhaul over
cable-modem/etc and jam on..."
of course there's 'someone' who sells the cellular + backhaul kit,
this is only workable on <700mhz?> frequencies (maybe 'band 3' ?? or
something) and so far hasn't really taken off as near as I can tell.

again, it SOUNDS like an interesting business model... :)