5G roadblock: labor

Paul Nash paul at nashnetworks.ca
Fri Jan 3 15:38:07 UTC 2020

> And more interestingly, if that city's residents and visitors had the
> option of connecting to active 5G or wi-fi, what do we think they'd choose?

They’d probably choose whichever popped un onto the device first.

FWIW, Rogers in Canada are moving to unlimited cellular data, with a monthly threshold, beyond which they reserve the right to throttle (but do not always throttle).  Bell probably do something similar.

The threshold increases with the number of devices on the account, and any throttling applies to all devices on that account.

	paul