5G roadblock: labor

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jan 3 09:36:52 UTC 2020

On 3/Jan/20 11:25, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Yes markets differ, and this is not 4G/5G question, only thing 5G does
> is help markets which struggle to provide sufficient service in dense
> metro installations.

Which brings us full circle - what's the cost of hooking those dense
cities up to 5G in 2020 vs. running fibre to an 802.11ac|ax access point
to serve its residents and visitors, in 2020?

And more interestingly, if that city's residents and visitors had the
option of connecting to active 5G or wi-fi, what do we think they'd choose?

Mark.