power to the internet

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Jan 2 21:53:27 UTC 2020

>> PS: You also wouldn't believe how cheap the power is.  California's
>> prices are high compared to most of the US, but it's still only about
>> €0.15 per KWh.
>
> I don't know where you live, but I pay around 38 cents/KWh. Depending
> on your rate, that can go up to 53 cents/KWh during peak times.

16x is supposed to be the average.

I live in upstate New York where I pay about 8c/kwh and a fixed $15/mo
connection charge.  We have day/night rates available but they're not very
different for retail customers.  I get a slight discount due to credits
from remote net metering at a nearby solar farm.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",