Hi-Rise Building Fiber Suggestions

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:15:44 UTC 2020

At the very minimum use bidirectional modules so you will have four
channels. That way you would only have 15 switches on a chain. Also be sure
to configured your STP weight so the cut will be in the middle. So one
fiber will normally be transmitting to 7 switches, the other fiber to the
other 8 switches.

This is still inferior to the WDM solutions proposed, but I fear you have
multimode fiber and might not have that choice.

Regards,

Baldur