Hi-Rise Building Fiber Suggestions

Ryan Hamel ryan at rkhtech.org
Wed Feb 26 04:42:04 UTC 2020

I'd say a pair of Juniper switches on each floor, with their virtual-chassis capability. Terminate the top/bottom floor of fiber 1 into switch 1, and the other into switch two. Create an LACP bond between each floors switches, tag the necessary VLANs, and put the VLAN SVIs onto the first pair of switches at the building electrical/telecom room.

The same thing can be done with MLAG across many switch vendors, but that will require additional configuration.