TCP-AMP DDoS Attack - Fake abuse reports problem

Bottiger nanog at skial.com
Fri Feb 21 23:16:29 UTC 2020

I thought you said this on your blog? https://blog.octovpn.com/the-ddos-that-bans-you/ [https://blog.octovpn.com/the-ddos-that-bans-you/] "We are the first VPN on the market to come up with a solution for this, and that's why we are who we are. We're keeping our method completely private for now."

Did the method stop working? What was the method?

Since you are reselling OVH, you should ask them to block syn-ack spam. it should be trivial for them to block. I would be surprised if it wasn't automatically detected already.

Short of bribing Sony, I don't see how you can stop random honey pots from banning spoofed ips. There's no technical solution for that.