TCP-AMP DDoS Attack - Fake abuse reports problem

Amir Herzberg amir.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 08:39:24 UTC 2020

hhh well Damian, Ok, I guess a free service has some costs :)

More seriously, did you try to follow up and explain how dropping your RST
packets may be exactly the reason for the attacker to abuse your IP space
for the attack? Also, you may ask the provider of the victim to block SYN
packets from your IP range (assuming the victim isn't some service that
your clients will want to access). If all fails.... then all failed.
--
Amir Herzberg

Comcast professor of Security Innovations, University of Connecticut

Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/amirherzberg/home

Foundations of Cyber-Security (part I: applied crypto, part II:
network-security):
https://www.researchgate.net/project/Foundations-of-Cyber-Security