QUIC traffic throttled on AT&T residential

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 06:22:15 UTC 2020

Peace,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:49 AM Daniel Sterling
<sterling.daniel at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I naively ask if Google staff have considered scrapping using UDP
> and instead proposing a new, first-class transport protocol that OSes
> can implement on top of IP?

The IETF WG did, at some point.  The opinion overall I think is that
this would probably bring in even more troubles both to the protocol
(e.g. in plenty of networks which do not allow any IP proto except 1,
6 and 17) and to networks (we have things like RFC 8086 for a reason).
There might've been other reasons.

--
Töma