ATT Microcell in Austin, TX

Constantine A. Murenin mureninc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 19:15:32 UTC 2020

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 10:10, Darin Steffl <darin.steffl at mnwifi.com> wrote:

> I believe that when this happens, they should proactively block or limit
> video and file download/upload traffic as much as possible to make sure
> communications like calls and texts can go through with the highest success
> rate possible. Netflix and YouTube should never hinder more important
> communications in my opinion. Maybe it's as simple as putting a rate limit
> for each cellphone connected to these now overloaded sectors so no one can
> hog the cell capacity.

This is very easy to do, thanks for the widespread adoption and use of
HTTP, which lets you easily filter these sorts of things in times of need
and to suit the requirements.

Or, what, we no longer use HTTP, because it's not "secure"?

Nevermind, folks.  Don't forget to update your certs and thank IETF,
Mozilla, Cloudflare and Google Chrome for your lack of connectivity.  But
at least you're secure, as no bad traffic can reach you now!

C.