ATT Microcell in Austin, TX

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Feb 18 19:11:14 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 02:05:15PM -0500, Shane Ronan wrote:
> I can tell you that most carriers have neither type, at least in the US.

	Most towers can survive a brown/blackout lasting a few minutes
(usually enough to last the safety system cycling and the fuses blowing
on a grounded leg).

	Major towers tend to have 8-12h of battery, with sometimes 24h.

	Most utility outages are restored in that time with the exception
being major storms.

	In michigan we can get a credit for lack of restoration in 16 hours:

-- snip --
A customer is eligible for a credit under normal
conditions if the utility fails to restore service
within 16 hours after an outage resulting from
conditions other than catastrophic conditions.
-- snip --

	this lines up with the planning strategy of the utilities.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net