Reminiscing our first internet connections (WAS) Re: akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Feb 18 00:36:32 UTC 2020

I can't help myself... :)

My mother in the 1980s: "no one can ever call us because the phone line is always busy"

Me with an Osborne 1 and a 300 baud modem:  "We need a second phone line!"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_1)

My mother: "That's too expensive.  Quit clogging up the phone line with that toy!"

Me: "Ok...Pshhhkkkkkkrrrr​kakingkakingkakingtsh​chchchchchchchcch​*ding*ding*ding*"   (*)

I never would've guessed in those days that it would provide me an entire professional career.

scott

(*) I copied Pshhhkkkkkkrrrr​kakingkakingkakingtsh​chchchchchchchcch​*ding*ding*ding*
from a website as I could not spell that.