ATT Microcell in Austin, TX

Shane Ronan shane at ronan-online.com
Mon Feb 17 02:14:09 UTC 2020

This is a small cell. They are very common across all of the carriers.

It is NOT intended to provide primary coverage for the area.

It IS intended to provide additional capacity to the immediate area.

Think of the large cell towers as providing blanket coverage, while small
cells provide hot spots of increased capacity.

Most small cells have no battery backup or generator at all, as it's not
feasible given the real estate available.