akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Feb 16 11:41:24 UTC 2020

On 14/Feb/20 20:24, Andy Ringsmuth wrote:

> Uhhhh, it is 2020, not 2010. 100M, 200M, 400M or 1G is increasingly common for home broadband. I’ve got 400M at home, could get 1G fiber for less than $100 if I wanted it, and I’m in your average, run-of-the-mill Midwest city.

Gaming does happen in most parts of the world outside the U.S., too;
even if I know that rural U.S. would struggle with high-speed access the
same way a developing country would, if not worse.

My point is, the world has not yet converged on Gigabit capability into
the home. And that goes for the distribution network too. But that's not
going to stop the world from gaming.

Mark.