akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Ahmed Borno amaged at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:39:09 UTC 2020

Strictly out of interest, I wanted to ask earlier if this irresponsible way
of causing insane, instant, bandwidth demands is breaking anything on the
ISP/CDN side or even the console owner ?! Or is it just an interesting
phenomenon that is handled without a sweat. Does it break the buck in
anyway?

The thread started with bandwidth surges and now power hogging is
mentioned, I wonder what else might happen as a side effect to a small
number of console/gaming companies not taking a direct responsibility in
how they release large updates in a way that is not organized or scheduled
but is rough and abrupt.

~A