akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Feb 12 19:10:33 UTC 2020

--------------------------------------
On 2/11/20 6:41 PM, Tom Deligiannis wrote:
> There is a major update that has released today, how's everything
> looking for everyone?
---------------------------------------

eyeball network here...

It shifted our traffic patterns to earlier peaks.  It started at 9am.
The first peak was at 3pm and the main peak was at 7pm and the traffic
fell back to normal loads at 1am.  There was increased traffic all
night, though, as our low traffic was still 4-5Gbps over normal lows
at the 2-5am period.

Normal peak is ~16Gbps, but this one was ~33Gbps almost all on one
inexpensive link.  The other main link showed and increase of about
8Gbps with a funny dip between noon and 9pm HST.

scott