CISCO 0-day exploits

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Feb 11 14:23:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 16:09, Ahmed Borno <amaged at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the sad tone, i just wish network operators would find a way to challenge these vendors and call their less than optimal quality.

It's hard, TINA. We can talk about white label, but in the end of the
day, that box is just as proprietary as rest of them, because you
can't buy BRCM and make it open. It's like 90s of Linux, GPUs and NICs
were not supported, because vendors thought the specs were their
secret sauce.
When some vendor finally releases full specs on github including P4
compiler target for their chip and will sell chip on their web for 1
unit at x USD, we may start to see some real progress, we can start
building open source NOS with data-planes.

Maybe INTC could start the revolution with Tofino. Ship PCI cards with
Tofino and few 100GE ports (local switching support) and open it up
entirely. Maybe JNPR could ship Trio PCI cards, why not, it's not like
they have lot to lose, considering terrible market performance.

--
  ++ytti