CISCO 0-day exploits

Ahmed Borno amaged at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:08:56 UTC 2020

I remember my conversation with an executive one day, where I was
enlightened on corporate greed.

I asked, why is there no investment in quality code, and I was schooled.

The exec said, one dollar spent on fixing bugs, returns zero dollars but
one dollar spent on nee features brings in 3 dollars ;)

These vendors tried different DSL throughout the years and it is way too
difficult for them to execute on that shift, too many things at stake, i
mean their business, not the end customer...of course.

They are not even being 'creative', they can easily pull some tricks like
the one you mentioned (compiler built sanity) in their system configuration
logic, like you cant turn on an interface without an iACL applied...but
then why would they :)

Sorry for the sad tone, i just wish network operators would find a way to
challenge these vendors and call their less than optimal quality.

~A