CISCO 0-day exploits

Justin Wilson lists at mtin.net
Mon Feb 10 18:50:27 UTC 2020

> I really thought that more Cisco devices were deployed among NANOG.
>
> I guess that these devices are not used anymore or maybe that I
> understood wrong the severity of this CVE.

A proper network design helps to mitigate flaws like this. If you have CDP off, which many people do, then this exploit is not that big of a deal to you.  If your devices are on a management network then it’s not that big of a deal.  Just because a certain vendor has vulnerabilities exposed doesn’t it’s an all hand on deck scenario.  Many of the folks on NANOG have a good grasp of network design.  Sure, some don’t.  But for the most part they do.

Justin Wilson
lists at mtin.nethttps://j2sw.com - All things jsw (AS209109)
https://blog.j2sw.com - Podcast and Blog