Tell me about AS19111

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Feb 7 17:15:01 UTC 2020

In article <8930.1580963430 at segfault.tristatelogic.com> you write:
>>1800vitamins.org has a web site at 12.180.219.234 which looks like
>>they would sell me vitamins should I or my dog need any.
>>
>>Routeviews tells me that IP is in AS19111, routed via AS7018.  AS7018
>>is AT&T which isn't surprising for a 12/8 address, but ARIN says
>>AS19111 doesn't exist.  Huh?
>
>John you have no idea how many folks are using how many bogon ASNs
>as we speak.  Nobody does. ...

The reason I originally asked about this one is that everything looks
entirely legit other than the ASN.  It appears that the only reason it
is bogus is that the vitamin company isn't very good at remembering to
pay its ARIN bill.

I get the impression that's fairly common, since the practical penalty
for having your ASN fall out of the database is zilch.

R's,
John