Tell me about AS19111

Shane Ronan shane at ronan-online.com
Thu Feb 6 09:16:35 UTC 2020

It's not clear to me that HE having reserved AS numbers in THEIR routing
table is actually a problem. These AS numbers are actually reserved for
private use. Perhaps they have a customer who wants to do BGP but doesn't
want to register their own AS number and is single-homed to HE. In this
case, HE can assign them a reserved AS number to use for the session and as
long as HE strips that AS number when it leaves THEIR network, things are
working as intended.