EVPN multicast route (multi home case ) implementation / deployment information

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Tue Feb 4 16:59:13 UTC 2020

Hi Mankamana,

For Juniper:

Starting in Junos OS 18.4R1, devices with IGMP snooping enabled use
selective multicast forwarding in a centrally routed EVPN-VXLAN network
to replicate and forward multicast traffic. As before, IGMP snooping
allows the leaf device to send multicast traffic only to the access
interface with an interested receiver. But now, when IGMP snooping is
enabled, the leaf device selectively sends multicast traffic to only the
leaf devices in the core that have expressed an interest in that
multicast group. In selective multicast forwarding, leaf devices always
send multicast traffic to the spine device so that it can route
inter-VLAN multicast traffic through its IRB interface.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/evpn-selective-multicast-forwarding.html

Kind regards,
Andrey