10g residential CPE

Peter E. Fry pfry at tailbone.net
Tue Dec 29 18:16:17 UTC 2020

> From: Ben Cannon <ben at 6by7.net>
> To: Darin Steffl <darin.steffl at mnwifi.com>
> [...]
>>

>> Again, it seems nice to be able to do this but most companies don't
>> have idle resources sitting around to give away things for free. We
>> have zero extra time to work for free.
> We’re a tiny company and I already have a department dedicated to
> giving [...]

It's all in resource allocation, particularly as applied to a small
company.  I can't imagine 6x7 or Wholesale Internet have dedicated
departments of bean counters (apparently no button-pushing monkeys as
well, even if they work for bananas).  The disadvantage is that
particular individual personnel tend to be even less replaceable than
in larger companies.

Peter E. Fry

[Hm: 6by7.net web page? That's even a bit sadder than mine...]