10g residential CPE

Darin Steffl darin.steffl at mnwifi.com
Mon Dec 28 17:48:08 UTC 2020

Aaron,

The "Free" service doesn't cover your cost of support which is much higher
for residential than any business customer. Our residential customers call
at least 15x more often compared to business customers compared on a 1:1
ratio.

I honestly can't fathom providing free residential service because we make
enough money on the business side of things. You should be charging
something, at least $20-30 per month.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 11:15 AM Aaron Wendel <aaron at wholesaleinternet.net>
wrote:

> The $300 covers the equipment and the time to send someone out to a
> house to install it.  If $300 is too much you can pay in 12 installments
> of $25.
>
> The TIK alone costs us about $250.
>
> Aaron
>

> On 12/27/2020 5:04 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
> >

> > On 12/26/20 20:48, Darin Steffl wrote:
> >
> >> Aaron,
> >>
> >> One simple question. Why on earth would you offer free internet
> >> service? How and why? Your site show 1 Gig symmetrical for free when
> >> you should be a minimum of $65 per month to be competitive.
> >
> > They also ask for no monthly fee after a single payment of US$300.
> >
> > Considering the 2Gbps package costs US$49.95, you'd guess they'd value
> > the 1Gbps service at, say US$27/month, give or take.
> >
> > So that US$300 provides a bit of coverage, perhaps 1 year, in which
> > time they'd have likely upgraded the customer.
> >
> > Mark.
>
> --
> Aaron Wendel
> Chief Technical Officer