[External] Re: 10g residential CPE

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Sun Dec 27 10:26:25 UTC 2020

On 12/26/20 23:57, Michael Thomas wrote:

> Yeah, it burned somebody's house to a crisp here last year around
> here. It certainly makes the case why leaving professionals in charge
> of power issues is the better idea. although with pg&e it's a tough
> call, my telco not so much.

I considered a generator at some point, for home back up.

In the end, and for various reasons, I settled on renewables.

I'm just not sure where all that Li-Ion will go after 15 - 20 years of
use, though...

One European manufacturer (the one whose battery I bought) says that as
of now, they can only recycle 20% of each battery they sell. To me, that
sounds like just the metal case enclosure, and the plastic facia.

Ah well, maybe disposal tech. for Li-Ion storage will have improved by 2040.

Mark.