10g residential CPE

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Sat Dec 26 17:58:18 UTC 2020

On 12/26/20 9:50 AM, Mel Beckman wrote:
>> i really don't get what the problem is. it's like they're being deliberately obtuse.
> Michael,
>
> If vendors saw a 10GbE CPE market, they would serve it. Obviously they don’t see a market. Why don’t people insisting vendors build their hobby horse see that? It’s like they’re being deliberately obtuse :)

The thing is that the pandemic has changed the game on the ground: there
is an actual feature differentiator to be had. But having dealt with the
Linksys folks in the past I don't put out much hope that they'll take
advantage of it. The software development side was a vast black hole
where time stands still. It seems the entire industry is like that.

Mike