Announcing UKNOF46

James Bensley jwbensley+nanog at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:26:14 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce UKNOF46, taking place online, on 19th
January followed by an online social event.

The meeting website is live and both the Call for Presentations and
Registrations are now open.

[ REGISTRATION ]

There are a limited number of Free Registration spaces - 50 in total.
Paid tickets are £50 each including VAT and the Eventbrite fee. You
may also pay extra as an add-on to your registration.

Registration is required to participate in the meeting. A recording of
the proceedings will be made available on the UKNOF YouTube channel
for viewing at a later time.

Please register via:

     <https://uknof.uk/register46>

[ CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ]

The Programme Committee are seeking content for UKNOF46, which takes
place online, from the community for this meeting.

UKNOF's remit is "distribution of clue", and for our first meeting of
2021, we are looking for content which is both operationally timely
and our 'normal' operational remit.

The whole session is planned for 3 - 5 hours. We are looking for a mix
of formats

  * 15 or 25 minute presentations (with 5 minutes for Q&A)
  * 5 minute lightning talks (no Q&A)
  * 45 minute panel sessions

We are keen for talks and panels in these subject areas:

  * 2020 retrospective and forward looking to 2021
  * Confessions & War Stories / Lessons learnt from the field
  * Data centre design and operations
  * DNS infrastructure
  * Impact of public policy of network operations
  * IPv6 deployment
  * Network Automation and Tooling including SDN, Open Source initiatives
  * Network hardware/software/configuration architecture, design and operations
  * Open protocol standards and best practise initiatives
  * Peering and interconnection / routing.
  * Personal/Network security, inclusiveness and abuse prevention

Please submit your proposals at

     <https://uknof.uk/cfp46>

**Submissions** are welcome at any time, but for UKNOF46 we would like
to have them **no later than 7 January 2021** (We have published an
initial set of accepted talks in the "Confirmed Speakers" section on
the meeting website <https://uknof.uk/46>.

Our expected timeline is:

7 December 2020 - Submissions open via Indico
18 December 2020 - Initial Submission Deadline
22 December 2020 - Initial Contribution list published
7 January 2021 - Final Deadline for submission (23:59 GMT)
12 January 2021 - Full agenda published
13 January 2021- Deadline for slides submission and planned rehearsal date
19 January 2021 - Meeting

Information for speakers about presenting and what to expect at UKNOF
is available at <https://wiki.uknof.org.uk/Speaker_Information>

Additional information for speakers of UKNOF46:

  * your talk will be live broadcast and recorded for future reference
  * your presentation slides will be available for delegates and
others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
  * you will be expected to attend a rehearsal in the week running up
to the workshop.  This has been tentatively scheduled for Wednesday 13
January. It would be very useful to have your slides (even if draft)
ready for this.

To preserve editorial neutrality, the UKNOF PC does not accept
abstract submissions for presentations by commercial organisations
that are also sponsors of the same UKNOF event. If you would like one
of our sponsored presentation slots, please contact
[sponsor at uknof.org.uk]

UKNOF is run on a non-profit basis and is not in a position to
reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.

Regards
James
UKNOF Programme Committee Member