Are the days of the showpiece NOC office display gone forever?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Dec 17 04:56:33 UTC 2020

On 12/16/20 23:48, Max Harmony via NANOG wrote:

> It seems like the "something impressive looking" might just change. Add a bit of marketing copy about how "our monitoring is distributed, just like our servers" (or some more punchy variant) and show customers what the smaller monitoring stations WFH employees are using look like.

Nowadays, customers tend to care about you watching their circuit, and
service.

Most still get surprised when they don't understand why the NOC never
knew their circuit went down, and need help understanding the difference
between monitoring the core, and monitoring customers who choose to
purchase that service.

Mark.