Weather Service faces Internet bandwidth shortage, proposes limiting key data

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Dec 10 14:46:32 UTC 2020

I would say it's likely much larger.

https://twitter.com/CoasterBGW/status/1336387160220569603/photo/1

Their design is to run everything from one datacenter? I am enjoying the
level of irony that the rest of us consider catastrophic weather events in
our datacenter planning, but the NWS does not.

I'm sure like most things with technology and government it's less about
desire and more about politics of proper funding.