Does anyone actually like CenturyLink?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Sun Aug 30 16:19:48 UTC 2020

It’s just due to network size.  Horrid service and reliability aside, if you have enough eyeballs, application providers will want to directly peer, and if you have enough app providers on net then access providers will want to peer.  With all the acquisitions, they have a ton of fiber in the ground and they keep rolling the networks in, causing people to continue to buy their circuits.

The service has been horrible compared to the twtelecom days.  Fortunately their layer two stuff seems to be managed independently of their IP networks, so those remained up.