Centurylink having a bad morning?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Sun Aug 30 14:41:45 UTC 2020

Once upon a time, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl at gmail.com> said:
> How is that acceptable behaviour? I shall remember never to make a contract
> with these guys until they can prove that they won't advertise my prefixes
> after I pull them. Under any circumstances.

Umm, then I guess you won't sign a contract with anybody?  I sure
wouldn't agree to that.  I don't personally write the routing software,
so I can't guarantee there isn't a bug in there (actually, since it is
software, I can guarantee there ARE bugs in there).

We'll see if/when they issue an RFO, but software has bugs, and
configuration errors have entirely unexpected consequences.  It's
possible some poor design issue was exposed, or it could be some
basically unforeseeable incident.
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>