Ipv6 help

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Aug 27 05:59:06 UTC 2020

On 26/Aug/20 22:23, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:

> Maybe the only way to force this is to tell our customers (many ISPs in every country) "don't buy Sony PS, they are unable to support new technologies, so you games will be blocked by Sony". Of course, unless we all decide to use 464XLAT instead of CGN ... which resolves the problem.

Somehow, I don't see this happening.

Most ISP's probably know a little bit about gaming because the engineers
have a console at home, or in the NOC. To get them to a level where they
are actively asking customers not to buy games developed for Sony, at
scale, is probably an entire project on its own that a basic ISP can't
justify time for.

Also, it's unlikely that end-users are going to listen to advice not to
buy Sony games. All they'll hear is, "My ISP doesn't know how to fix
this, so I must find another one that does".

We need a better plan.

As with everything in life, it probably comes down to a "Vijay Gill
moving ATDN to IS-IS" type-thing, i.e., an actual person that
understands what to do, cares about IPv6, and has influence within Sony.

Mark.