Ipv6 help

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Aug 26 06:48:44 UTC 2020

This is why we wrote RFC8585, so users can freely buy their own router ...

The ISP can also list some of the compatible models in case they are using "additional" features.

El 25/8/20 22:16, "NANOG en nombre de Brandon Martin" <nanog-bounces+jordi.palet=consulintel.es at nanog.org en nombre de lists.nanog at monmotha.net> escribió:

    On 8/25/20 3:38 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:
    > This is very common in many countries and not related to IPv6, but
    > because many operators have special configs or features in the CPEs they
    > provide.

    I really, really hate to force users to use my network edge router (I
    provide the ONT, though, and I provide an edge router that works and
    most users do take it), but it can be tough to ensure users have
    something that supports all the right modern features and can be
    configured via standard means.

    It would be nice if the consumer router industry could get its
    collective act together and at least come up with some easy-ish to
    understand feature support table that customers can match up with their
    service provider's list of needs.  The status quo of a list of devices
    that work right (which is of course often staggeringly short if you're
    doing any of these modern transition mechanisms) that needs constant
    updating and may not be easily available is not ideal.

    Heck just having a real, complete list of supported features on the
    model support page on their website would be an improvement...
    --
    Brandon Martin

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?