Ipv6 help

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Aug 25 16:52:55 UTC 2020

On 25/Aug/20 18:46, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:

> Many vendors are running on top of OpenWRT or Linux, and both of them have CLAT support.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't give names which aren't already published, such as Sagemcom, D-Link, NEC and Technicolor. Believe me there are others, you just need to ask them.

This shouldn't be that hard.

> Mikrotik is the worst vendor for anything related to transition. They only run pure dual-stack, and even on that, they are really bad. They even use a broken naming convention against the standards. They use 6to4 instead of 6in4, which get a lot of folks confused ...

Agreed. But they are just about the only mass CPE vendor that ships code
to add capability, vs. the traditional ones who require you to buy a new
router every year just to get new features.

That and being so cheap, you can't talk customers out of preferring to
buy them. It's not a great situation, but hey... supply & demand.

Mark.