Ipv6 help

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Aug 25 16:43:45 UTC 2020

On 25/Aug/20 18:28, Tom Hill wrote:

> I'd wager that a lot of them already build upon a Linux kernel of some
> flavour. Tore (et al) wrote a CLAT for Linux that builds upon TAYGA's
> NAT64 functionality:  https://github.com/toreanderson/clatd

I guess my point was this is out in the wild on millions of devices
working like a charm. For probably as long as I've known Cameron, even...

All CPE vendors know that IPv6 is what will give them continued sales
and growth. I'd rather they stopped fixing 6to4 bugs and actually wrote
CLAT implementations.

Chances are an 802.11ax wireless router you can pick up in the shop has
some basic IPv6 support (you know, SLAAC... maybe PD if they really put
in some elbow-grease), but not CLAT. All that tech. for some fancy
wi-fi, and I can't do the basics?

It's like router vendors telling me how many 10Gbps, 40Gbps and 100Gbps
ports their new box or line card is shipping with, but don't understand
all that speed means nothing if I can't get a feature I need to work due
to immature software or chipset limitations. It's NOT ALWAYS about port
or fabric speed.

And it's NOT ALWAYS about the latest wi-fi standards.

It's 2020.

Mark.