Ipv6 help

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:28:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 9:17 AM Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.com> wrote:

> On 24/Aug/20 17:21, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:
>

> > You probably mean 464XLAT ....
>

> > Ask you vendors. They should support it. Ask for RFC8585 support, even
> better.
>

> > If they don't do, is because they are interested only in selling new
> boxes ... just something to think in the future about those vendors.
>

> > I can tell you that many vendors now support or are waiting for some
> customers to ask for it, the CLAT. I've been doing this for many customers.
> Sometimes, they only do under request, same as many other firmware features.
>

> If CLAT support were wide-spread, it would quickly accelerate the
>
> deployment of IPv6 in broadband applications.
>

> Not even Mikrotik are doing it, and they pretty much own the FTTH CPE
>
> market in many countries.
>

> If only CPE's could run Android, or Windows :-).
>

> Mark.

Askey ships 464xlat boxes for T-Mobile in the USA, so they have the
products and the knowledge to make it work

https://www.askey.com.tw/index.html

I am aware of other big CPE makers too, but this is the public one
providing product today. Also, anything based on OpenWRT works... which is
increasingly the base vendors build on.