RPKI for dummies

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Aug 24 14:39:41 UTC 2020

> Some might suggest that a lot of time was spent debating how to do it
> with little actual progress or experimentation done.

this is the internet.  some have suggested pretty much anything.

for the historians in the audience, the first s-bgp, what we would now
call testathon i guess, was held at u oregon, on the side of the eugene
nanog in either 1999 or 2000.  a few large isps, bbn folk, ...  this was
where ops met crypto theorists and started s-bgp's evolution into the
separate threads of rpki, rov, and bgpsec.

randy