Has virtualization become obsolete in 5G?

Etienne-Victor Depasquale edepa at ieee.org
Wed Aug 12 07:49:08 UTC 2020

Two more bits' worth ...

About a year ago, during a discussion with a local network operator's CTO,
I was told that dependency on the operator's employees
for production of software gave the employees too much leverage over their
employer (the operator, here).

Perhaps industrial standardization of internal processes (including
orchestration APIs) weakens this leverage.

Cheers,

Etienne

--
Ing. Etienne-Victor Depasquale