ISPs are hit hardest by COVID-19 disruption

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Aug 7 14:04:22 UTC 2020

The findings from Thousand Eyes seems reasonable and data driven, but Mr
Barker's article on that report seems to have reached the wrong
conclusions and added a sensational headline that doesn't jive with the
data at all (IMO).

My take on the Thousand Eyes findings: ISP's performed more planned
upgrades in March-June than they did in January. Covid may have been a
kick in the butt for ISPs to finish projects that were already in the
works or start new upgrade projects. Nothing to see here.