Is there *currently* a shortage of IPv4 addresses?

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Wed Aug 5 15:40:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 10:17 AM Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

> We got a new block from ARIN 12-23-2019 19:40:59.  I remember many that
> were on the list for months to a few years that also got allocated that
> week.

There was an influx of available space at ARIN around December/January. We
ended up getting a /23 during that timeframe as well, even though we'd been
buying space from third parties for a couple of years prior to that
exclusively because of ARIN exhaustion. Whether ARIN or other RIRs may have
such an influx again in the future remains to be seen, but it does pay to
be on the wait list just in case that time comes.

Matt Harris|Infrastructure Lead Engineer
816-256-5446|Direct
Looking for something?
Helpdesk Portal|Email Support|Billing Portal
We build and deliver end-to-end IT solutions.