Is there *currently* a shortage of IPv4 addresses?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Tue Aug 4 20:20:46 UTC 2020

Agreeing with the other replies about scarcity.  Also wanted to comment that address exhaustion affects web hosts particularly hard because "SEO experts" continue to believe that if a site they work on does not have an exclusive IP, they're being  penalized by Google.  They'll convince clients to migrate around hosts until they find one that will allocate an address, so the choice is buy address space or suffer if your platform is not otherwise unique.