BGP route hijack by AS10990

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Mon Aug 3 13:53:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 02:36:25PM +0200, Alex Band wrote:
> According to the information I received from the community[1], you
> should read PR1461602 and PR1309944 before deploying.
>
> [1] https://rpki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/rpki/router-support.html

My take on PR1461602 is that it can be ignored, as it appears to only
manifest itself in a mostly cosmetic way: initial RTR session
establishment takes multiple minutes, but once RTR sessions are up
things work smoothly.

Under no circumstances should you enable RPKI ROV functionality on boxes
that suffer from PR1309944. That one is a real showstopper.

Kind regards,

Job