BGP route hijack by AS10990

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Mon Aug 3 12:57:53 UTC 2020

> We can all do better. We should all do better.

Agreed.

However, every time we go on this Righteous Indignation of Should Do
crusade, it would serve us well to stop and remember that in every one of
our jobs, at many points in our careers, we have been faced with a
situation where something we SHOULD do ends up being deferred for something
we MUST to do. It is a universal truth that there will never enough time
and resources to complete both, especially not in our current business
environment that the only thing that matters is the numbers for the next
quarter. Sometimes as engineers we have to make choices,  sometimes
choices are imposed on us by pointy hairs.

Telia made a mistake. They owned it and will endeavor to do better. What
more can be asked?