RPKI TAs

Alex Band alex at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Aug 3 08:08:51 UTC 2020

I concur.

Four out of five RIR Trust Anchor Locators were recently updated to allow fetching the Trust Anchor via an HTTPS URI, further removing the dependence on rsync. Sadly, most TALs are not clearly published anywhere and I had to get them though GitHub issues and emails to be able to include them in the latest Routinator release.

These are what we believe to be the correct, up-to-date RPKI TALs:

https://github.com/NLnetLabs/routinator/tree/master/tals

You can find more discussion about this topic here:

https://github.com/NICMx/FORT-validator/issues/34
https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator-3/pull/215

RPA grief aside, ARIN seems to be the only RIR that publishes the latest version of their TAL clearly and correctly:

https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/rpki/tal/

-Alex