Has virtualization become obsolete in 5G?

Ahmed elBorno amaged at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 04:51:30 UTC 2020

Maybe I am off topic a little bit here and i'd like to be educated if i am
wrong but I think those 5G applications will move from VMs into
containers/microservices when their vendors see a business case to
rearchitect them, maybe its already happening as we speak.

On the other side of that coin is that product managers of these 5G apps
seeing the margins on their apps diminish when they slice them to a form
that allows other "orchestrators" to deploy them.

Another side is that the software engineers working on these Apps have a
lot more prioritized items/things to develop (real core functions) so they
will delay this transformation.

However, some CSPs are doing well putting a wrapper/UX around Mobility
(e.g: Twilio)

Cheers