Issue with Noction IRP default setting (Was: BGP route hijack by AS10990)

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:12:47 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:47 PM Ryan Hamel <ryan at rkhtech.org> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Why are you blaming the ease of use on the vendor, for the operators lack
> of knowledge regarding BGP? That is like blaming a vehicle manufacturer for
> a person pressing the gas pedal in a car and not giving a toss about the
> rules of the road. The base foundation regarding the rules of the road
> mostly apply the same for driving a car, truck, bus, and semi/lorry truck.
> There is no excuse for ignorance just because the user interface is
> different (web browser vs. SSH client).

Vendors are responsible.  The FTC slammed D-Link for being insecure and
they can slam Noction too

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2019/07/d-link-agrees-make-security-enhancements-settle-ftc-litigation

Asking people in Pintos to not get in accidents is not an option.

https://www.tortmuseum.org/ford-pinto/