CGNAT Solutions

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Apr 30 06:33:03 UTC 2020

And more and more CPE providers support it.

See RFC8585.

I inititally started using OpenWRT, but now I already got samples from several vendors.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet

El 30/4/20 6:16, "NANOG en nombre de Ca By" <nanog-bounces at nanog.org en nombre de cb.list6 at gmail.com> escribió:

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 7:17 PM Brandon Martin <lists.nanog at monmotha.net> wrote:

On 4/29/20 10:12 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>> What allows them to work with v6 in such an efficient manner?
> A piece of client software is installed on every phone that presents
> an IPv4 address to the phone and then translates packets to IPv6 for
> relay over the network. This works because T-Mobile has considerable
> control over the phone.

FWIW, this software component (the CLAT) can also be on the CPE edge
router which many ISPs either control outright these days or at least
can influence.
--
Brandon Martin

Correct, and T-Mobile uses this 464xlat approach for their home broadband product as well

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company